Sydney is the most populous city in Australia, with a metropolitan area population of over 4 million, situated on Australia's south-east coast.
Sculpture of Cupid on a fountain in the Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney.
Spanking and BDSM in Sydney
Sydney is home to the publisher of Australia's only spanking magazine, Paddles. Spankart, the founder and admin of this wiki, has moved to Australia in December 2008 and currently (as of February 2009) resides in Sydney. Otherwise, Sydney does not have too much of a spanking scene.
Sydney does, however, have an active general BDSM scene, and also a relatively big gay and lesbian scene. There are munches, fetish and BDSM parties held regularly in both professional clubs and private residences. Here is a list of BDSM and kink related groups that regularly have activities in and around Sydney:
- 4WD BDSM Getaway — for people who like to combine the interests of BDSM and four-wheel driving. Weekend tours
- Club Maîtresse — dark electro/fetish club, disco
- Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School — classes for drawing and painting erotic models in fetish wear
- G2KU (Getting to know you) — munches and play parties
- Hellfire Club — fetish club, disco
- Sin Sity — swingers club that also hosts fetish parties
- SUD/s — a BDSM group that originally started associated with Sydney University in 1998
- Sydney Leather Pride Association — gay BDSM club
- Sydney Poly Social — polyamorous group, munches
- The Couples Club — swingers club that also hosts fetish parties. Couples and single girls only
- Uber Club — BDSM parties, workshops, and picnics