Human furniture or forniphilia is a form of sexual objectification or erotic roleplay in BDSM in which the bottom partner assumes the role of a piece of furniture, or a supporting part of one. For example, they can perform the role of a seat, a footrest, a coffee table, a buffet (e.g. sushi: nyotaimori), a candle holder, lamp or ash tray.
The 1976 sexploitation film Bloodsucking Freaks (aka The Great Torture Show) features nude female slaves being used as tables, chairs, and even a dart board. (The film also includes a M/F caning scene.)
Forms of play
The human furniture is usually required to make no sound and remain perfectly still and remain in the prescribed pose until they are released. They may be restrained in bondage or just in mental bondage. Their apparel may be anything from normal clothing to fetish clothing, partial and full nudity. They may or may not be gagged.
Failure to remain still can result in punishment such as corporal punishment. As usual in BDSM play, a safeword or nonverbal signal can be used if the position becomes too painful after a while, or if any other problem arises.
In extreme forms of human furniture play, such as presented on the House of Gord "the house of ultra bondage" website, the bottom is put in very tight bondage to render them as completely immobile as possible. Such forms of human furniture play, combined with gagging, can put the partner's safety at risk.
- The Birthday Present (English Spankers), spanking video with human table (photos)
- Cage Pet (PainGate), human table device, photos
- The Human Table (Spankdom.com, 2020) is an example of domination in a spanking video (photos).
- Human furniture video features a female slave serving as a table, footrest, etc.
- Slave position
- Human animal roleplay
- Human furniture on Wikipedia
- Allen Jones (sculptor) on Wikipedia
- Forniphilia on Wipipedia
- Forniphilia - The art of human furniture
- Forniphilia on SM-201
- House of Gord's forniphilia FAQ page
- Decorative Girls - BDSM image/video website
- Allen Jones artwork