The anus is the opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is eliminated from the body. It is found between two cheeks of the human buttocks adjacent to the male or female sex organs. The adjective anal refers to the anus, such as in 'anal area' or 'anal sex'.
The appearance of the anus resembles a star with radiating lines; sometimes it is also compared to a tightly gathered rosebud in art. The skin around the anus is usually darker (more pigmented) than the rest of the buttocks. Some people lighten it by anal bleaching - a fashion trend that has originally come up in the porn industry.
The anus in spanking art
- it is a bare bottom spanking, and
- the viewing angle is straight on (i.e not in side view or three-quarter view), and
- the legs are not fully closed, and
- the buttocks are not clenched together.
Therefore, in most works of spanking art the spankee's anus is not in view. In drawings, three-quarter view is very common, in which the near buttock hides the spankee's anus irrespective of the legs.
The anus and human sexuality
The anus is an erogenous zone and stimulation of the anus can be experienced as erotic. It can provide an opening for the penis for sexual intercourse, but there are also other ways in which anal stimulation can be enjoyed:
- inserting a smooth (and usually, lubricated) object into the anus, such as a:
- inserting a decorative item, such as
- a lit candle
- inserting a body part in the anus, such as
- in medical fetishism:
- anal spanking (also called "bull's eye")