User talk:Issue fixer
Image and File
For embedded images, the words image and file in the code function exactly the same way. They're interchangeable. There's no need to spend all the time and effort changing the many thousands of image descriptions on this sight. -- Jameslovebirch (talk) 15:01, 22 May 2022 (UTC)
- I know that. I'm also a Wiki owner. --Issue fixer (talk) 15:13, 22 May 2022 (UTC)
I saw your file upload File:Banner-spankers-delight.jpg. Would you like to write a short article about the game Spanker's Delight, Issue fixer? --Spankart (talk) 07:50, 8 November 2022 (UTC)
- Nope. I do not want to write articles. First my English is not god enough and second I have lots of work in my own wiki.
- I saw File:Spankers delight.jpg, looked the game up in the web, loaded the banner up with the intention to insert a link to it in the article spanking game. But after uploading the banner I recognize, that Spanker's Delight was yet linked here.--Issue fixer (talk) 16:00, 8 November 2022 (UTC)
- Ok. I moved your image to Category:Games. --Spankart (talk) 17:02, 8 November 2022 (UTC)
Default skin: should we keep or change it?
Hello Issue fixer, I'd like to ask your opinion. In this wiki we still use the old MediaWiki skin "Monobook" from 2004 as the default. Logged-in users can change the skin in their settings while not-logged-in users will always see the default skin. Should we keep Monobook as the default, or should we switch to "Vector" (2022) or "Vector legacy" (2010)? Big wikis like Wikipedia typically upgrade to the latest skin. Here is a preview of the same sample page in the three skins:
- Bare bottom in Vector (2022)
- Bare bottom in Vector legacy (2010)
- Bare bottom in Monobook (2004)
What would you advise? --Spankart (talk) 19:45, 18 May 2023 (UTC)
- Thank you for asking me. The support of mobile devices becomes most important. This is the strong argument for "Vector" (2022).--Issue fixer (talk) 18:20, 20 May 2023 (UTC)
- Pls add "mw" - "https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/$1" to the Interwiki table.--Issue fixer (talk) 18:27, 20 May 2023 (UTC)