It is a satirical parody of the "Middle American" lifestyle epitomized by its title family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield, and lampoons many aspects of the human condition, as well as American culture, society as a whole, and television itself. "The Simpsons" is currently the longest-running American sitcom, and the longest-running American animated program.
The Simpson family first appeared as shorts in The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19 1987. The series premièred as an it's own show on December 17, 1989 and completed its 18th season in May 2007. It has also been renewed for a 19th season and further seasons are possible.
The spanking scenes
The following is an episode list for The Simpsons which includes spanking references.
- The Crepes of Wrath - Principal Skinner's mother walks through the play ground and remarks "You certainly have done awfully well for yourself, spanky." To which he replies "Mother, please don't call me spanky on school grounds..." She continues to call him "Spanky" throughout the episode.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish - Bart misunderstands what Homer means when he says he wants to have a "man-to-man talk." ``Oh, man, complains Bart, as he drops his pants for a spanking.
- Principal Charming - Skinner has a paddle on the wall has the word "Patience" written across it (allusion from the 1985 film Heaven Help Us). After Bart defaces the school lawn by burning his name into the grass, Skinner says he wishes that he could take the 'Board of Education' out of retirement.
- Homer Alone - Bart writes on the chalkboard at the start of the show:"I Will Not Spank Others"
- Treehouse of Terror II - Mr. Burns succeeds in placing Homer's head in a robotic body he is quoted as saying: "...the greatest breakthrough in labour-relations since the cat o' nine tails."
- Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie - Bart begs for a spanking rather than being deprived of his movie, going so far as dropping his pants, ready for action. "Don't point that thing at me," Homer tells him.
- Whacking Day - Bart gets violently thrown out of his new school, and chased with a paddle.
- Kamp Krusty - After Bart gets Edna to change his grades he calls her "doll" and slaps her butt.
- Rosebud - Homer's much worse duty consists of holding the handle of a large grist and turning it by running around a track — while being whipped by a large man in an executioner's costume. Homer asks the man if Homer can whip him after lunch, but his request is flatly denied.
- Homer The Great - The head of the local "Stonecutters Club" gleefully subjects new recruits to tortures such as "The Crossing of the Desert", "The Wreck of the Hesperus" and "the paddling of the swollen ass... with paddles" (all initiations similarly involving paddling of the bum). Later, Homer's family then subjects him to some hazing and paddling. "This club better be worth it!" Homer cries out while being paddled.
- Bart vs Australia - Bart is subject a Booting— an Australian punishment where the recipient is given a kick up the bum with a boot.
- Bart's Comet - After Bart alters Skinner's balloon to read "Hi! I'm Big Butt Skinner" Skinner tells Bart that he will punish him "and it won't just be a simple caning this time."
- Two Dozen and One Greyhounds - Homer declares that it is "Spanking Season" and he is "Hankering for some spankering."
- The PTA Disbands! - Substitute teacher Jasper informs Lisa's class that any wrongdoing will result in a paddling.
- Two Bad Neighbors - Bart gets spanked by former President, George H.W. Bush; Grandpa reveals that he was "spanked by Grover Cleveland on two non consecutive occasions."
- Burns, Baby Burns - After Mr. Burns finds out his son's kidnapping was actually planned by him he tells him "Now get down here so I can spank you in front of this gawking rabble", then asks Smithers to take off his belt, which Smither gleefuly answers "With pleasure!".
- Hurricane Neddy - Ned raised by two nihilistic beatniks whose terrible parenting skills made him a childhood terror. He was eventually put on an experimental eight-month spanking therapy program (the University of Minnesota Spankological Protocol) which taught him to suppress all feelings of anger.
- The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace - Homer tells Lisa and Bart to go upstairs and spank themselves. As they go upstairs Lisa complains that he's a lazy father and Bart adds "He won't even spank his kids".
- Wild Barts Can't Be Broken - Homer: "Bart, get down here! I'm gonna spank you back to the stone age!"
- D'oh-in' in the Wind - Abe - "It was your mother's job to name you, and love you and such. I was mainly in it for the spanking." In a flashback to Woodstock, Abe admonishes naked, toddler Homer to "put on pants and then take them down for a spanking."
- Simpsons Bible Stories - Wilie tells the "wee Israelites" that it's time to resume their slavery. When Bart complains, Willie lashes him with his whip; Skinner orders Willie to switch from the "encouragement" whip to the "cruel" whip, which looks like a cat-o-nine-tails. As Willie whips away, Skinner admires the snap-back performance of the new Omni-Lash.
- The Parent Rap - Chief Wiggum makes Homer and Marge stand on a sidewalk and encourages drivers to spank them.
- Pranksta Rap - Homer threatens to use a belt on Bart (NWA: "Not Without Asswelts").
- Home Away From Homer - Coeds Vicky and Katja rent a room from Ned Flanders and set up a webcam show, Sexy Slumber Party. They spank each other with pillows and later Vicky spanks Katja OTK with Todd's framed picture.
- Regarding Margie - Homer says to Marge: "Oh, you loved it, especially when the windmill came round and whacked your butt."
- The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer - Otto spanks Bart after he ruins his meeting with Metallica.
- The HawHawed Couple - "Bartholomew J. Simpson! How can you be so mean?!" Says Marge, and she hits Bart on the head with a wooden spoon. "I'll whack you with the whole salad set if you don't start thinking about others."
- Double, Double, Boy in trouble - On Bart's misbehaviour in the Kwik-e-mart, Homer threatens to "take Bart behind the blind spot of a security camera and beat him with a magazine.
- Postcards from the Wedge - Principal Skinner says to Bart and Milhouse: "Big mistake, attacking me outside school hours and property, legally, I can spank your bare bottoms!"
|This page uses content from The Simpsons. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|