The Kid from Not-So-Big
The Kid from Not-So-Big is a movie from 1978, directed by William Crain.
The spanking scene
Jenny Goodman (Jennifer McAllister) has been playing hooky once again and is found by her grandfather Hank 'Gramps' Goodman (Don Keefer). Unnoticed, she manages to slip a small book into her rear pants pocket before Hank takes her OTK for a spanking. He is interrupted by Jenny's teacher Corinne (Veronica Cartwright) before he can begin.
- Corinne: "Mr. Goodman. Do you think this is the best way to handle this?"
- Hank: "This is the way I learned things."
- Corinne: "Oh, I'm sure Jenny understands what she did was wrong."
- Jenny (trying to get up): "Yeah, Gramps, I understand."
- Hank (pushing her back down): "Hush up, Jenny." (to Corinne:) "Damn, I gave her a fair warning, and she's got to accept her punishment."
- Corinne: "Maybe so. But I think this is gonna make her resent school even more. Now that would just defeat the whole purpose of the punishment."
- Hank: "Well..." (He lets Jenny up.)
- Corinne: "I'm sure she won't cause any more troubles." (to Jenny:) "Now you're gonna be there all day and every day, aren't you, Jenny?"
- Jenny (thinking for a few seconds, then placing herself back over Hank's lap): "Go ahead, Gramps."
- Corinne: "Wait a second." (fishing the book from Jenny's rear pocket) "Jenny, school doesn't have to be a big pain in the a..." (Jenny reaches back to find her protection gone.)
- Hank (to Jenny): "You still want me to go ahead?" (Jenny raises.)
- Corinne: "Jenny. Give the class a try. If you really don't get anything out of it, we're not gonna force you to go. But give it a try." (Jenny takes her book back.)
- Corinne: "Well, young lady, I see you in class tomorrow?"
- Jenny (aside): "Young lady..."