Talk:Spanking in mainstream films
 Using YouTube
Hundreds of corporal punishment film clips from popular as well as incredibly obscure movies and TV shows are on YouTube if you know where to look. One member in particular has archived a wealth of clips using the name chrtv. Search for: chrtv1, chrtv2, chrtv3, etc. (up to chrtv7).
Also a very helpful list of films/shows is at this person's web site: http://www.moviespankings.de.vu
 Easy-to-find scenes
- Lord of the Flies (1963): m/m spanking.
- Seven Little Australians (1973): A boy is spanked OTK (M/m).
- You're Out of Your Mind, Maggie: Swedish film from 1979 based on a book by Astrid Lindgren. In this movie a 7-year old girl gets caned in the front of her class (M/f).
- Fanny and Alexander (Ingmar Bergman, 1982): Alexander, a 10-year-old-boy, is caned by his step-father, the bishop (M/m).
- Pelle the Conqueror (Sweden, 1987): several boy spanking (M/m and m/m) and nudity scenes.
- Poison (1991): A boy is spanked OTK on his underpants (M/m).
 Rare and hard-to-find scenes
Although many mainstream spanking clips and screen captures can be found on the below listed websites, there are a number of scenes that have proved elusive to most clip collectors. Perhaps the rarest and most sought after scenes appear on the following TV series and films:
- (If you don't have a title or comparable ID information, please add to the "Queries" section of the talk page instead. If you identify a source, so that the scene is no longer "rare", please move it to the "Classic scenes" list below, instead of simply deleting it.)
- She Married Her Boss (1935): (still)
- The People’s Choice (USA TV 1957): (stills)
- The People’s Choice (USA TV 1958): (stills)
- McHale's Navy (USA TV 1964): (stills) - video clip has been found and posted
- Captain from Toledo (Italy 1966)
- Lilian’s Story (Australia 1996): (stills)
- Boston Public (USA TV 2002): (stills)
- King of the River
- An Italian "documentary" film entitled "Mondo Teeno" from the mid- to late-Sixties is a bizarre pastiche of teenage rebellion backed by rock music (Mike Curb is a noted contributor). It contains a large amount of narration, depictions of prostitution and teenage rebellion, and a spanking scene. This film was very popular on drive-in double bills when it was released. To see a still from this film, go to www.superstock.com and search for image# 255-3747. Click on "255" in the window that pops up with the image and you will see other photos from the same group. Another image from same photo shoot is image # 255-6595 from the same site.
- In the TV series "Ivanhoe" starring Roger Moore, there is an episode where Ivanhoe (Roger Moore) administers a spanking to a spoiled princess. The description of the episode states that Ivanhoe has been searching for a girl who has run away after faking an illness and causing all sorts of havoc. When Ivanhoe catches up with her, he takes her across his knee and gives her a spanking for his trouble. The episode title may be "Princess Dierdre," but this is uncomfirmed.
- There are scenes from both Father Knows Best and Mother Knows Best television shows.
- A scene from the television program "So This is Hollywood" depicts a spanking(?). In this scene a matronly figure tries to have an 8-12 yr old girl, who has been disrespectful, apologize to (a group of ?) older women. The girl declines to offer an apology and is subsequently taken her by the hand into the next room where she is spanked with a hairbrush over her panties. The scene fades while sounds of spanking and crying are heard. The next scene shows the girl sniffling and apologizing to the women with her mother stating 'we got to the bottom of the problem' (?).
- There was a show called Saturdee which concerned the everyday adventures of some young boys growing up in a small town in rural Australia during the 1920s or 1930s. Virtually every episode had at least some of the boys being caned. Normally these punishments were taken on the hands and given by either the boy's teacher or their mother.
- There is a spanking scene from the British Science Fiction series The Tomorrow People where in a man puts an alien girl over his knees and spanks her.
- "Geronimo's Revenge" was the title of an episode (or possibly of a two-episode program) from Disney's TV Series Tales of Texas John Slaughter. This episode seems to have later been shown as a separate feature. An early scene was the father coming home to wife and two young, possibly pre-adolescent children. In the spanking sequence the mother asks the daughter to tell her father what she has done. The little girl refuses and the mother tells him that she's taken some scissors and cut up some dress material. At this point the daughter calls her mother a "Tell-Tale Tit" which the father responds to by grabbing her, putting her across his knee, and spanking her bottom several times. She then runs off to her room crying. The episode is discussed in this NY times page and this MSN movies page, although neither mentions the spanking.
- The episode of Publicity Brat of Sunset Strip contains a spanking scene involving a ten year old girl.
- A scene from the Pygmallian epidode of the television program L.A. Law (first season) depicts the spanking of a young girl: (still)
- Unknown Movie (reportedly titled Wild and Willing) in which Teen is Caned By Nun: (still)
- British Documentary A Good Smack Part 3: (still)
- In the The Leaving of Liverpool ABC mini-series there is a spanking scene (Scene 3 - The Cane): (still)
- In the Fernwood 2-nite television program, which revolves around the ficitonal town of fernwood and featured parodies of guests that might have appeared on real talk shows, there is a scene depicting spanking. The spanker in this scene is a high school principal Marshall O. Petty (played by David Cameron) who comes on the late-night talk show to discuss corporal punishment in the schools. To demonstrate the techniques he uses, he brings out honor student Debbie Dunbar (Bobbie Tremain), in a pair of tiny cut-offs who recieves spanking and fondling across his knee. At the end of the fictional episode, the televesion station gets an angry phone call from Debbie's mother, who had not known that her daughter was going to be on TV. The next episode of the talk-show features Mrs. Dunbar (Kathy McCullen) with her younger daughter Stacy (Jan Stratton). The mother reports that Debbie has gotten so many entertainment offers in the past 24 hours that they are hoping to set things up for Stacy as well. At the end of the episode, everyone sings an off-key version of "Feelings", while Mrs. Dunbar holds Stacy over her knee, patting out the rhythm on her bottom. - Cf. jumptheshark.com (Jumping the shark):
"The show was funny [...]. Also the girl who was spanked ("up-down-spank") [...]. Man, it's been a long time since I thought of this show.
- In one episode of MTV's Jackass, Preston Lacy gets spanked and paddled by a dominatrix and is constantly whining about it. Later he admitted that this was the hardest and worst stunt he ever did.
 Well known or "Classic" scenes and sources
Here is a list of some particularly well known scenes, or scenes that were, until recently, unavailable.
- Kiss Me, Kate
- Land of the Giants (USA TV 1968-1970):
- Places in the Heart (Boy Gets The Belt):
 Bare Bottom Boys
Many films hint at bare bottom spankings - a few mainstream films have actually shown them, and their effects:
- Abschied - Nude strapping.
- After The War - British boy lowers his bathing suit to show off his marks.
- At Play in the Fields of the Lord - Young boy is given one swat on his naked butt by his mother (played by Kathy Bates)
- Beautiful Day - Naked spanking
- Dog Day - (aka: Canicule) Young boy is beaten with a belt in a country courtyard.
- Flirting - Teenager is forced to show off his butt after a caning at an Australian boarding school
- Kung Fu Kids - During a fight, a young boy has his pants lowered as two men take turns spanking his butt until it gets very red.
- Joe The King - 11 Year old boy has his pants pulled down and is spanked in front of the class
- King of the River - Sister pulls down brother's pants and slaps him on the bare butt. She later progresses from her hand, to a ruler, to kitchen utencils.
- Lord of the Flies - Original version has a fully nude thrashing of one boy onto another
- Mixed Company - 14 year old black boy is spanked completely naked by his adopted father
- Pelle The Conqueror - Billy August version: Pelle is stripped and caned in front of the town. There are two additional spanking scenes later in the movie (both clothed - however, in one Pelle is seen nude in the water giving relief to his beatin butt).
- Pelle (Germany) - German version: Pelle is also stripped by and spanked in front of the town; he later forces another boy to strip, and he beats him on the naked rear.
- Pinochio - Classic Disney cartoon features a coo-coo clock with a Mom spanking her bare bottom boy.
- Scholin Boys In The Temple - Two impressive paddling scenes by a spank happy teacher on two naughty boys.
- The Slingshot - A boy is paddled on the bare butt by his teacher, and later his dad exhibits the scars to the entire family by lifting his son's nightshirt.
- Sorrow of the Beliums - Boys gang up and spank another boy after lowering his bottoms.
- Streinberg - Double caning.
- Valentia - Fierce paddling on naked butt with a board.
- Young Winston - Boy is shown bending over to take a cane to his bare bum by a teacher. Later, the after effects of another cane are shown off.
 No porn titles here, please
This page is for mainstream films only. If there is interest for a List of spanking videos or a List of pornographic films with good spanking scenes etc. we can start a new page. --Spankart (talk) 00:24, 24 September 2009 (BST)
 Scene Descriptions
Should we create a Key of terms like M/F, F/M, Belt, hairbrush, etc and encourage people to use a few keywords to describe scenes where known? RobM 15:17, 2 October 2009 (BST)
- I think that's a good idea. But we should try to keep it short. So for example expand:
- 1941: The Devil and Daniel Webster (M/m)
- 1941: The Devil and Daniel Webster (M/m, hand, OTK, clothed)
but not to
- 1941: The Devil and Daniel Webster (M/m, age 7, OTK, hand-spanking, seat of trousers, 14 times, NC, cries)
 M/F Pairings in film lists
This is regarding the newly added M/F pairings in the "Spanking in motion picture" page. I've added greatly to this list and also took the time to add pairing symbols for all the non-M/F scenes that I knew of. Since 90% are male-female scenes anyway, it just looks cluttered (and distracting) to have M/F abbreviations after nearly every title. I would greatly prefer to leave them off and instead put in a note at the top of the list saying something like: "All spanking scenes are M/F unless otherwise indicated." That way the list is just as accurate but more streamlined and easier on the eyes. Jameslovebirch 15:18, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
- I see your point, but my personal preference would be to treat all pairings equal even if 90% of the titles are M/F. I think equal treatment carries more weight than minimization of redundancy by defining a default pairing. And I also see practical issues: a) before we can say "All spanking scenes are M/F unless otherwise indicated" we have to make sure we have marked all non-M/F films -- this means we have to check each and every entry; b) it's better to remind people of the pairing, otherwise it's easy for users who add films to forget to add the pairing information and we may end up with wrong information; c) readers may easily overlook the note and think the pairing information is unknown while in fact it is known.
- I have seen your addition of actor's names; at first I felt that's too much but now I think it's not a bad idea, at least in cases of famous actors. --Spankart (talk) 10:38, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
 Pornographic film list preserved for humanity
I rescued the previously deleted list of porn films and parked them for safe keeping at the Pornography page under the category "Spanking in pornographic films". This will (A) prevent the baby from being tossed out with the bathwater, and (B) add some relevant info to an otherwise pointless page. For now this section is a bit skimpy to warrant a page of its own, but may expand over time if others do their duty and watch more porn.
Jameslovebirch 01:43, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
 Spanking in mainstream films
Doesn't "Spanking in mainstream films" have a nice ring to it? Could we please change the name of this page to the more appropriate and search-friendly Spanking in mainstream films? The "Motion Picture", besides sounding pompous, is woefully impractical for visitors searching this site for information on films.
Way back in 2009 when I first discovered Spanking Art, I searched for film info using "spanking in film" and "spanking film" in the search engine. And I got nothing. Just page after page of unhelpful, unrelated search results. (This was long before I added The History of spanking in film, which was written, I now admit, partly out of spite.) On the 5th page of searches, stumbling in at number #91 was "Spanking in motion picture."
I'm sure many people looking for film information gave up before reaching page 5. Believe me, no one is looking up "motion picture". "Film" is the essential keyword here and "mainstream" narrows it down as well.
Jameslovebirch 06:00, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
 Captain January
I watched the 1936 film Captain January with Shirley Temple on DVD (in a colorized version, 74 mins, 20th Century Fox, 1988) but it didn't have a spanking scene. Does anyone know if it was edited out? --Spankart (talk) 00:43, 10 April 2010 (BST)
 More candidates
From  -- need to check details
- Wuthering Heights ("both versions" - which?)
- The Fool Killer (1965)
- Mrs. Miniver (1942) -- this just has a one-smacker
- Casey's Shadow (1978) -- in full on YouTube
- The Whipping Boy (TV movie 1995)
- The Children's Hour (1961) -- in full on YouTube
- The Seven Little Foys (1955)
- Tom Brown's School Days (1940) M/m caning scene on YouTube
- (The) Taming of the Shrew ("various versions")
- The Quiet Man (1952)
- Pollyanna (1960, 2003)
- Along Came Polly (2004); just a one-smacker see video clip -- I don't think this sort of thing is worth listing (and there are dozens of scenes like this) but others might disagree.
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989)
 Whipping scenes
This page is named "Spanking in mainstream films" and I would like to suggest we remove films with whipping scenes (beating with a whip) unless the whipping is "in spanking style", which for me means delivered in a controlled fashion on a person's buttocks. This would mean to remove "1919: Broken Blossoms", a film which, as I just found out, features a 15-yo girl (played by a 23-yo actress) who is brutalized, abusively whipped, and in the end beaten to death, by her father. I think we need not cover such material in this wiki. See http://www.filmsite.org/brok.html and Youtube where the film can be found in full. Comments, objections? --Spankart (talk) 18:30, 14 September 2010 (BST)
- The problem with some obscure films like this one is that they get included on the basis of a written plot synopsis or because they were listed on another web site similar to ours. Later on, some may be found to not quite fit the definition for this page. Many of these are out of print and are nearly impossible to find on disc or video. (The online posting of clips and complete films may be the only answer in the long run.) I say it's better to list an unverified title and delete it later (if found unsuitable) than not list it at all. -- Jameslovebirch 17:24, 16 September 2010 (BST)
 Puen rak (2005)?
Found this one on YouTube with F/m and F/f scenes, but I can't find in IMDb and I'm unsure of the correct title -- Puen rak, Puenrak, Puanruk, Phuen rak? -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAukqHVkGro, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWSFQFIGEM. Apparently it's a 2005 Thai TV remake of a 1977 film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251935/. --Spankart (talk) 21:25, 23 September 2010 (BST)
- Another link: http://villafiorita.blogspot.com/2011/08/puen-rak-2005-ffts-w.html --Spankart (talk) 23:25, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
 TV Shows vs Films
Why is Diff'rent Strokes listed in mainstream films but not "Spanking on television"? Have increasingly mixed feelings about all the many TV shows (some added by myself) on the film page. Made-for-TV movies qualify (for both lists), but am starting to think all the episodic shows should eventually be weeded out to make room. The film list is growing and looks cluttered with all the TV shows that have been arbitrarily tossed in. Just a suggestion I'll leave to the higher-ups to decide. -- Jameslovebirch 22:27, 23 September 2010 (BST)
- Yes, that's a good suggestion. Made-for-TV movies can remain here, but all TV shows and series go to Spanking on television. --Spankart (talk) 18:10, 24 September 2010 (BST)
 La fessée (1937)
I just came across the this French film with the promising title "La fessée", English title "The Buttock". Would be interesting to learn what it is about. If anyone has any information, please share! --Spankart (talk) 17:30, 6 March 2011 (UTC)
 Polissons et galipettes
I just came across this film -- The Good Old Naughty Days -- can we consider it a "mainstream film" if it was shown in cinemas in 2002 and 2003? Or should we consider it non-mainstream because the footage it is compiled of was originally anything but mainstream? --Spankart (talk) 18:34, 15 October 2011 (BST)
- I added it here for now, we can move it later if we want to. --Spankart (talk) 13:07, 16 October 2011 (BST)
 Mistress Pamela
Need info on Mistress Pamela (1974), a UK film based on the novel Pamela or Virtue Rewarded (1740) by Samuel Richardson. Have only seen the poster which features her getting spanked by a nobleman of some sort. I hesitate to list the film without seeing a clip or getting some other first-hand report. It has also been said that the Marquis de Sade's Justine is a critical response to this novel. Anyone see this movie? -- Jameslovebirch 16:30, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Chross Movie Database only says the same and features the poster. In doubt I'd rather not list it; a spanking on the poster is not a certain sign there's also a spanking in the film. --Spankart (talk) 19:48, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- A good idea. This category should also include the many publicity photo stills used in magazines and lobby cards displayed in theaters that show a posed scene that does not actually occur in the film. This happened a lot in the '40s, '50s, and '60s. Even some TV shows like "Daniel Boone" took humorous gag photos of a star paddling a co-star just for laughs. An interesting sub-category in itself. -- Jameslovebirch 00:04, 18 November 2011 (UTC)