I like the infantilism triangle image Roguebfl created. It is less cluttered that the one I made, but leaves one group out. Some AB/DLs take on the role of a different age, but the same gender.
The analogy between transvestites and the 'change in role' corner in the 2005 AB/DL triangle was always troublesome. The change in role is like the change that transvestites go though. The take on a different role, dressing and acting the part. This different role might or might not be the same gender.
Specifying 'change in gender role' leaves those who don't change gender when assuming a role without a corner. I guess a Tetrahedron could be used to add the extra corner, but a 3D figure seems problematic.
- I though the "Loss of status and control" was the non-sissy; losing the status of adulthood and control that came with that status. --Roguebfl (talk) 04:24, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- It is a subtle distinction. The difference between a transvestite and a bottom who has been forced to crossdress is the sense of loss. One is taking on a feminine role, while the other is being denied his masculinity. AB/DLs has a similar distinction: one blissfully embraces the role of infant. The other is forcefully striped of adulthood. One has a sense of loss, and the other does not.
- This distinction does affect the scene. Someone in the 'loss' corner might commonly be scolded, spanked, or humiliated. This might dovetail into more masochistic practices. Diaper punishment. Someone in the 'role' corner wouldn't see wearing diapers as a punishment. Scolding or spanking might also not be appropriate, since the AB/DLs role would be that of a baby, not of a man being punished.
- This distinction also affects the core fantasies. 'Role' can occur in isolation. He can be a baby alone. 'Loss' usually requires someone or something else to be in control. There can't be a bottom without a top. Bittergrey 04:38, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well the means we probably need a rewrite to the page. I would prefure to have the text correct before attempting to correct the image, so that I can have some reference points before I attempt a 3D version. It will take some work to make sure it is both clear and not "de-emphasize" any point. (yes I'm very familiar with Tetrahedrons as I have quire a few gamer caltrops (4-sided dice) --Roguebfl (talk) 05:18, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, not that much needs to change in the article. I thought about making some adjustments before, but wanted to discuss them before changing the article away from the image.
- It has been a while since I had any D4's underfoot, although I have spent my share of time gaming. Bittergrey 06:00, 7 February 2009 (UTC)