South Africa, officially the Republic of South Africa, is a country in the very south of Africa. It has a multi-ethnic population of about 51.8 million, of which around 80% are of black African ancestry. It has 11 official languages, of which the most commonly used are Afrikaans and (South African) English.
Most of South Africa's population are descendants of immigrants from other parts of Africa, Europe and Asia. The region was ruled by several Bantu kingdoms before colonization, by European powers such as the Netherlands and Britain, started in around the 17th century. From 1948, South Africa was under an official system of racial segregation and white minority rule, known as Apartheid, until its first egalitarian elections took place in 1994.
South Africa is now governed by a parliamentary republic, with the President serving as the head of state and the head of government. It is one of the most developed countries in Africa and has the largest economy in the continent.
Spanking in South Africa
South African spanking art and novels
There are no known South African spanking artists so far.
Esclaves modernes, La Traite et la flagellation des blanches dans le Sud-Afrique, is a French spanking novel by Jean de Virgans, first published in 1910 by Librairie du Temple (Paris). It was also issued under the title Les Esclaves Modernes. Other editions, by Librairie Franco-Anglaise, date from 1920, 1921, 1922 and 1931. The book was illustrated by Gaston Smit (Georges Topfer, frontispiece and 5 plates) and has 268/299 pages. "Modern Slaves", as the title translates, is a about white European women whipped and abused by natives in South Africa. It is an early example of interracial spanking literature.
Shades of Singapore: Sister Sarah Balfour's Memoirs of Judicial Caning in South Africa, Vol. I, by Angus Balfour (New York: Blue Moon Books, 1994), was originally published under the title Judicial Female Corporal Punishment Memoirs. This 294-page novel of punishment erotica purports to be the memoirs of a retired Nursing Sister who took part in dozens of court-appointed canings, plus a few whippings, of women in South Africa during the late 1920s and '30s.
To date, the only known African spanking video producer is Wild Africa Canings, based in South Africa. The company produced classroom and prison F/F and M/F videos circa the late 1990s to early 2000s.
- A Caning in South Africa, 1958 (Nu-West/Leda Productions), depicts harsh judicial caning over a spanking block.
- A Very Cruel Mistress (Nu-West/Leda Productions, c. 1992), hardcore S&M submitted by amateur South African couple.
- Caning Afrique (Nu-West/Leda Productions, c. 1997), amateur South African F/F video set in a prison.
- Court Ordered Canings (Wild Africa Canings)
- Debra's Naughty Student (Nu-West/Leda Productions), Debra uses a ruler, strap, and cane on black South African student, Celia.
- Discipline at Le Moulin (Wild Africa Canings)
- Discipline South Africa Style (Nu-West/Leda Productions, 1988); recreation of actual 1959 caning in Capetown of Swedish stewardess (Kiri Kelly) arrested for violating the country's racial segragation laws by socializing in public with a black man. (blog article, photos)
- Discipline South African Style (Uniform Discipline, 2005)
- Female Prison Punishment 1 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Female Prison Punishment 2 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Female Prison Punishment 3 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Female Prison Punishment 4 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Female Prison Punishment 5 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Female Prison Punishment 6 (Wild Africa Canings)
- First Time Offender 1 (Wild Africa Canings)
- First Time Offender 2 (Wild Africa Canings)
- Schoolroom Discipline (Wild Africa Canings)
- Wild Thing (B&D Pleasures, 1989), with Tanya Foxx, Kiri Kelly plays a Tarzan-type jungle girl captured during a safari in Africa.