Russia, also officially known as the Russian Federation (Russian: Российская Федерация), is a transcontinental country that belongs partly to Europe and partly to Asia and extends over much of northern Eurasia. It is the country with the largest land area in the world, and has the world's largest reserves of mineral, energy resources, and freshwater. Its capital and largest city is Moscow. It has the ninth largest economy in the world and possesses the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.
Russia has a multi-ethnic population of about 143 million, making it the ninth most populous country in the world. The population density is higher in the west and south, and lower in the north and east. The biggest ethnic group are Russians (about 80%), followed by Tatars, Ukrainians, Chuvash, Chechen, Armenians and others. The country's official language is Russian, but there are 27 other languages that have a co-official status in their regions.
Russia established worldwide power and influence from the time of the Russian Empire (1721-1917), when it was the third largest empire in history. The Russian Revolution in 1917 led to the fall of imperial rule and the rise of communism in Russia, and the subsequent formation of the Soviet Union (USSR), of which Russia was the largest and leading constituent. The USSR was a superpower throughout the 20th century and played a decisive role in the Allied victory in 1945 during World War II. It dissolved in 1991 to form the Russian Federation and 14 other countries, following the collapse of communism in the country. It is now governed by a federal semi-presidential republic, with the President as the head of state and the Prime Minister as the head of government.
Spanking in Russia
Corporal punishment has a long ancient tradition in most parts of Russia. This spans practically all areas, from judicial corporal punishment (such as whipping of convicted criminals and prisoners) to military corporal punishment (such as whipping of soldiers) and, in milder forms, corporal punishment of children in the home and in institutions such as orphanages and schools.
As in many other parts of the world, Russian culture traditionally also accepted the corporal punishment of serfs by their lords, servants by their masters and wives by their husbands. Historically, traditional spanking implements include birch rods, knout, and nettles.
Fifty lashes, illustration by Davis Millet for Campaigning with the Cossacks (1887).
"The horrors in Russian prisons, the punishments inflicted on prisoners, mean that a significant part of them dies." The ilustration by Achille Beltrame shows two whipping benches, one of them with holes, presumably for the arms like the Scottish whipping tables, on which the prisoners were restrained and flogged on their bare backs (not buttocks) with thin multi-tailed whips.
"Pravezh", the specific old Russian punishment. Artwork by Russian artist Antonina Christianovna Westphalen (1912).
Public judicial corporal punishment with the knout on the street. Artwork by Russian artist Antonina Christianovna Westphalen (1912).
Non-public judicial birching in a police office. Artwork by Russian artist Antonina Christianovna Westphalen (1912).
It was a team of Russian scientists who found scientific support for medical, therapeutic whipping in 2005.
Russian spanking art
- Mytar (1997), M/F scene, video clip
- Of Freaks and Men (1998), film about the first corporal punishment stag films, including two F/F birching scenes, in the 1900s. Video excerpts can be seen here and here.
- Tsirk sgorel, i klouny razbezhalis (1998), M/F, video clip
- Kochegar (2010), M/F, video clip
Spanking video producers
- Nettles Corporation, Russian producer of caning and spanking videos based in Moscow.
- Discipline in Russia #3: Country Tales/Punishment for Adultery (2005), outdoor spanking (photos, more photos, video)
- English Education (2015), dunce cap, video
- Receiving Gold Card #39 (photos, video)
- Receiving Gold Card #77: Inga (photos, video)
- Rough Man Spank #56 (SpankBang video, Xhampster video)
- Rough Man Spank #59 & 60: Lena and Anna (2007), photos, video
- Russian Slaves #13: Two Girls Spanked in the Woods (photos, video)
- Hippo and Flamingo - producer of M/F and F/M content created by a real-life Russian couple (Twitter account)
- Spanking Them (M/F, F/F videos), website, video
- Nu-West/Leda Productions distributed Russian-made videos in the U.S.
|This page uses content from Russia. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|