The hair is parted down the middle and tied into two bundles, one on each side of the head, usually above and behind the ear. The bundles of hair are tied with scrunchies, hair clips, or ribbons. The way the ends of the two hair bunches often curl into a twist is most likely where the pigtail name originated.
Some people restrict use of the name pigtails to the braided version, only using bunches for the simply gathered version. However such distinctions are disputed.
In Japan, hair bunches are called 'twin tails' (ツインテール tsuin teeru) and the braided version is called 'osage' (おさげ). A popular variation is the odango hairstyle, in which each twintail is partially coiled around its base to form a small bun from which the remaining length hangs free.
- Good Girls Cant Wait For Spanking (ATP Studios), Casey Calvert, photos
- Punished for Porn (ATP Studios), Christy Cutie, Casey Calvert, photos
- Girl with pigtails on Flickr
- Woman with pigtails and teddy bear on Flickr
- Same woman, looking sad on Flickr
|This page uses content from Bunches. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|