A paddle is a spanking implement that roughly resembles a paddle used for rowing and canoeing, only smaller, flatter, and with a shorter handle. Spanking with a paddle is known as paddling; it is the most common type of corporal punishment in U.S. schools.
It is usually made of a rectangular wooden board with rounded edges and two cutaways to form a handle by which it can be swung. The paddle may be the only spanking implement commonly left on public display, i.e., the emblematic Greek paddles that decorate the walls of most college fraternity and sorority houses.
In French, a paddle is called tapette. In German, there is no traditional word for this spanking implement, but contemporary spankophiles and (web) shops sometimes call it Paddel, which is a literal translation of the English word paddle.
Paddles come in a wide range of sizes. Bigger and longer paddles work best for a standing spanker and also require better aiming skills. They do not work well for spanking positions where the the spanker is seated and very close to the spankee's buttocks, such as the over-the-knee position. Smaller paddles work well in practically any spanking position.
In terms of shapes, a paddle's business end can be rectangular, round, oval, or for more playful purposes, in the shape of a heart or a hand. Some spanking paddles are based on recreational items such as the ping-pong paddle and paddleball design.
Paddles, especially wooden ones, often have holes drilled through the hitting end which increases the force of the impact by reducing its wind resistance. This paddle type is known as a Spencer paddle, said to be named after its inventor, an American school teacher named Harold Spencer who reasoned in the 1930s that a wooden paddle could be made more stingy that way. Such paddles have a risk of raising blisters when used on the bare bottom unless the edges of the holes are very well sanded/rounded off.
There are also spanking paddles without a handle (short boards) to be strapped to the hand (Spanking Buddy).
Making a paddle
For safety reasons, all edges of a paddle should be well rounded and the surface should be smooth and without any splinters. There are many companies in the U.S. that sell spanking paddles (see below), however it is not difficult to make a paddle yourself. You can follow e.g. these working steps:
- select a wooden board of desired material, quality and thickness
- saw the board to the desired width and length
- plane the surface, if necessary
- draw the handle and saw it out
- rasp all edges, rounding them well
- rasp the handle so that it feels good in your hand and gives best control
- if desired, draw holes, drill and countersink them (important to avoid blisters!)
- you may also want to drill a hole in the handle to hang up the paddle later
- sand the paddle well on all sides
- varnish the paddle on all sides
- Apply When Needed
- Attitude Adjuster (photos, photos 2, photos 3, photos 4, from spanking videos)
- Bad Cheerleader (seen in Cheerleader Spankings videos, photos, photos 2, photos 3)
- Board of Education (YouTube video of actual school paddle)
- Brat (photos, more photos)
- Don't get BEHIND with homework (photo)
- For the Cute Little Deer With the Bear Behind (a play on words with a picture of a deer and a bear)
- Heat for the Seat
- Heat to the Seat
- The Motivator
- My Special Reminder
- S&M Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry (see video at SpankingTube.)
Examples of paddle rhymes are:
- Never spank a child in the face - Nature provides a better place.
- For boys who tease and girls who tattle there's nothing more handy than grandma's paddle
- Dad's Rules: No Fussin', No Fightin', No Cussin', No Bitin', No Spittin', No Trippin' OR YOU'LL GET A WHIPPIN'
- We show her we love her / We show her we care / When we spank our <NAME> / On her bare
Spanking videos and films
See "paddling" page for lists of spanking videos and mainstream films featuring various paddles.
- Main article: Spanking product shops
- Crimson Moon Ltd ()
- Santa Barbara Paddle Company ()
- Satinwood Paddles ()
- The London Tanners ()
To avoid unnecessary duplication of images, this gallery should contain only images that just show a paddle. Images that show a paddling are found at the page paddling.
"Paddle", drawing by Lawrence Kinden (2006).
Paddles of different size used in Rejuve Universe.
American 1960s fraternity & sorority paddles.
- Jokari paddle
- ping-pong paddle
- U.S. patent 2,645,488
- Paddle (spanking) on Wikipedia
- In Praise of the Paddle by Katie B in Wellred Weekly
- Heat for the seat paddle (X/f) by Alan Lawrence
- Some Florida Students Make The Paddles Used To Discipline Classmates, article with photo from StateImpact Florida
- Paddled for Borrowing the Car (Spanked Bare Butts/SBB, 2007), SpankBang video
- Photos of humorous novelty paddles
|Non-Elastic Flat Implements|
|This page uses content from Knoppler paddle. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|