A paddle is a spanking implement that roughly resembles a paddle used for rowing and canoeing, only smaller. Spanking with a paddle is known as paddling; it is the most common type of corporal punishment in U.S. schools.
It is usually made of a rectangular wooden board with rounded edges and two cutaways to form a handle by which it can be swung. The paddle may be the only spanking implement commonly left on public display, i.e., the emblematic Greek paddles that decorate the walls of most college fraternity and sorority houses.
In French, a paddle is called tapette.
The Spencer paddle has holes drilled through the hitting end which increases the force of the impact by reducing its wind resistance.
There are also spanking paddles without a handle (short boards) to be strapped to the hand (Spanking Buddy).
The Knoppler paddle
A Knoppler paddle, according to Mistress Penny from Strictly Leather, a British BDSM and spanking toy maker, is a short leather implement "that was used to administer punishment in schools and prisons in Germany and nearby countries. Normally 12 to 16 inches (30 to 41 cm) long and approx 5 ″ (13 cm) wide, the slapper end is shapped with a square hitting area. It is usually constructed from leather but wooden versions have also been seen. The use of the knoppler paddle has now spread worldwide and was adopted extensively in North America possibly because of immigration from Europe during the early 1930s."
Independent sources confirming the existence of an implement of this name or design in Germany or other parts of Europe have not yet been found.
Making a paddle
For safety reasons, all edges of a paddle should be well rounded and the surface should be smooth and without any splinters. There are many companies in the U.S. that sell spanking paddles (see below), however it is not difficult to make a paddle yourself. You can follow e.g. these working steps:
- select a wooden board of desired material, quality and thickness
- saw the board to the desired width and length
- plane the surface, if necessary
- draw the handle and saw it out
- rasp all edges, rounding them well
- rasp the handle so that it feels good in your hand and gives best control
- if desired, draw holes, drill and countersink them (important to avoid blisters!)
- you may also want to drill a hole in the handle to hang up the paddle later
- sand the paddle well on all sides
- varnish the paddle on all sides
- Attitude Adjuster
- Heat for the Seat
- Heat to the Seat
- Apply When Needed
- Board of Education
- The Motivator
- My Special Reminder
- For the cute little dear with the bare behind (with a picture of a deer and a bear)
- Don't get BEHIND with homework (photo)
- S&M Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry (see video at SpankingTube.)
Examples of paddle rhymes are:
- Never spank a child in the face - Nature provides a better place.
- For boys who tease and girls who tattle there's nothing more handy than grandma's paddle
- Dad's Rules: No Fussin', No Fightin', No Cussin', No Bitin', No Spittin', No Trippin' OR YOU'LL GET A WHIPPIN'
- We show her we love her / We show her we care / When we spank our <NAME> / On her bare
- Main article: Spanking product shops
- Crimson Moon Ltd ()
- Santa Barbara Paddle Company ()
- Satinwood Paddles ()
- The London Tanners ()
"Paddle", drawing by Lawrence Kinden (2006).
Paddles of different size used in Rejuve Universe.
A Lexan paddle.
Gallery 2 (video stills)
Schoolgirl spanked with a pinewood paddle in "Final Exam" (a video by Jameslovebirch).
- In Praise of the Paddle by Katie B in Wellred Weekly
- Heat for the seat paddle (X/f) by Alan Lawrence
- Some Florida Students Make The Paddles Used To Discipline Classmates, article with photo from StateImpact Florida
|Non-Elastic Flat Implements|
|This page uses content from Knoppler paddle. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|