The over-the-knee position, often abbreviated OTK, is one of the most popular spanking positions. The spanker is seated and lays the spankee sideways over his/her lap, face down and bottom up. This position leaves the spankee entirely at the spanker's disposal and in close body contact. The spankee can be kept in position well; once in position, he/she normally cannot get away or up until the spanker permits it. The spanker can use one arm and hand to hold the spankee in place while he/she spanks with the other hand. The spanker can also lift one leg over both legs of the spankee, thus further restraining the spankee, particularly in regards to kicking, and causing a sharper upward bend of the spankee's body at the bottom.
OTK is the classical position for hand-spankings and spankings with a short implement such as a hairbrush or a ping-pong paddle. It is not good for long implements such as whips or canes, which require greater distance.
For erotic spanking, this position can be desirable because of the close body contact between the spanker and the spankee.
The "bottoms up" aspect of the OTK position should be considered key when preparing to administer an OTK hand spanking. The most important function of the spanker's lap is to act as a platform that ensures control for the spanker and a proper angle of "presentation" of the spankee's bared bottom. All of the usual aspects of control and reaction in OTK spanking are heightened, with this "bottoms up, head lower" positioning. This is done by creating a narrow platform, with spanker's knees held close together, and one leg dropped and one leg elevated. This usually results in the spankee's bottom jutting out and being elevated higher.
The arc of travel of the slap from the spanker's hand should fit well with the heightened presentation of the spankee's bottom. The arc of travel is neat, tight and a true arc, oval or circular in direction, hopefully arriving in a slight "up-swing" when making connection with elevated bottom cheeks. Coupling the arc of travel with a fluid wrist makes for an effortless "applauding" of the bottom, creating quite a sting. The spanker should strive to remain in control, sitting erect over the spankee, and enjoying their control from both an operative and visual aspect. Spanking in a calm controlled manner, yet with measured enthusiasm, will ensure proper control and could possibly be more memorable for the spankee than a severe spanking.
The two drawings below depict the "bottoms up" presentation method and its results. They feature F/m and F/M spankings respectively and one of them is labeled.
- The frontal over-the-lap position and the tucked-under-the-arm position are similar to the OTK position, but the spankee's positioning are slightly different.
- The supported OTK position, in which the spanker sits further back and places the spankee sideways over their lap in a horizontal lying position, upper body and legs resting on the bed/couch.
- The straddling position is another variant. The spanker places the spankee astride one or both knees, along the lap instead of over it. The result is that the spankee "rides" the lap.
- The two spankees OTK position, in which two spankees are simultaneously spanked in the normal OTK position, over the same lap, side by side.
- The over two laps position.
- The over-one-knee position, in which the spankee is bent over only one of the spanker's knees.
M/F OTK spanking.
Corporal punishment (birching) illustration, artist unknown.
Illustration by Georges Topfer for the novel Les Malheurs de Colette.
Christmas card from video producer Raven Hill Studios.
Matron figure in red yukata, drawing by Gauis Marius.
"Bedtime Story" by JD.
From the series "After Curfew" by Salalo (2013).
|Spanking positions (see also Objectives of spanking positions)|