A nanny is a female domestic servant who is employed to take care of one or more children in a family home as a caregiver. The traditional nanny was a servant in a large household and reported directly to the lady of the house. Nannies were always female and this remained the case through most of the 20th century. Like other domestic workers, she may live in with the family or may be employed on a live-out basis.
A nanny is similar to a governess, but the focus of nannies is childcare from baby age up (feeding, changing diapers, changing clothes, washing, bathing, playing, going for walks, bringing to bed) while the focus of governesses is the training and education of the child(ren) - manners, good behaviour, schooling, supervising homework etc. However the two job roles may in practice overlap to some degree.
In most homes, no nanny is employed, and so the nanny's job is fulfilled by the child's parents, often mainly the mother, sometimes with the aid of grandparents, older siblings, and today also often with the help of babysitters and kindergartens.
In the 19th and early 20th century, the position was usually known as a nurse, and was, as for many childcare jobs, invariably female. In a great house the nurse ran her own domain, a suite of rooms called the nursery, supported by at least one assistant, known as a nursemaid (or nurserymaid). Because of their role in child care, nannies were somewhat more indulged than junior servants. Nannies may have remained in the employment of the same aristocratic family for years, looking after successive generations of children. So a child's nanny may have been as young as 20 or as old as 60.
Like other domestic workers, nannies would traditionally often wear a uniform.
Related job roles
In the United Kingdom, the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (Ofsted) defines a childminder as someone who "provide[s] care for children under eight years of age, for more than two hours each day, on domestic premises, for reward." Childminding differs from nannying in that a nanny goes to the house of the child in order to care for it; childminders look after the child in the childminder's own home. The childminder and their house are both carefully assessed by Ofsted, with an inspection taking place every three years.
A foreign-national domestic assistant working for, and living in with a host family, typically an unmarried young woman, is also known as an au pair. An au pair will often do a nanny's job as well as be a general household help. The title comes from the French term au pair, meaning "on a par" or "equal to", indicating that the relationship is intended to be one of equals: the au pair is intended to become a member of the family, albeit a temporary one, rather than a domestic servant. In the best circumstances, both parties benefit from learning about the other's culture.
Nannies in adult ageplay
- Au Pair punishment videos from the UK include:
- Au Pair aka Kylee Anders - Au Pair (Firm Hand Spanking, 2015), Kylee Anders
- Au-Pair Agency (Spanked Cheeks)
- Aupair Girl (Cheeky Video Productions)
- Au Pair's Interview (Triple A Spanking), photos
- Au Pair Trouble (Firm Hand Spanking), Amelia Jane Rutherford, Aleesha Fox photos
- English Spanking Classics #49: Au Pair Agency (distributed by California Star)
- Foul Mouthed Au Pair (Triple A Spanking), photos
- The German Au Pair Girl (Strictly English), Sam Johnson, Zena Stones, photos
- The Lazy Aupair (Sound Punishment)
- Nanny Diaries (Firm Hand Spanking, 2009)
- Nanny's Folly (Moonglow)
- Naughty Au Pair (California Star)
- Punished Au-Pair (Spanked Cheeks)
- Spanking The Au Pair (Spanked Cheeks, 2012), Danielle Hunt.
- Swept Away (Northern Spanking)
- The Thrashed Au-Pair (StrictSpanking.com)
Releases from the U.S. are listed below:
- Audrey & the Nanny (Punished Brats), strict nanny spanks several girls and gets punished by Amber Wells. (video clip).
- The Au Pair Girl (Pacific Force, 1995)
- The College Girl And The Nanny (Punished Brats)
- French Aupair (Whipped Women)
- Irresponsible Nanny (Whipped Women, 2017)
- Nanny Drama (Punished Brats, 2012), a compilation of M/F punishment stories about an inept nanny.
- Nanny Paddle (Punished Brats), from the Girl Trouble 7 compilation disc.
- Naughty Nanny (Girl Spanks Girl)
|This page uses content from Nanny. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|