Miss Marchmont is derived from the British novel Villette by Charlotte Brontë, published in 1853. The poet entitled the entire fourth chapter with this name of the rheumatic cripple woman, well beloved by the first-person narrator and main character Lucy Snowe: "my dear and dead mistress".
Still within the Victorian era the minor character Miss Marchmont of Brontë's novel was borrowed - together with Lucy Snowe's denouncement of Roman Catholicism as false: "God is not with Rome" - by the spanking story "Lady Pokingham; Or They All Do It" of the Victorian magazine The Pearl.
- From Lady Pokingham, Part IV; in The Pearl No. 8, February 1880:
ALICE. – "Well, my Lord, pray excuse our virtuous indignation, if you are not really a Jesuit. But how about a Cathedral you intend to build for them, eh?" cutting him several deliberate strokes as she was speaking, each one making him quiver under its smarting force.
LOTHAIR.– "Oh! My God! How do you know that? I've only had the plans drawn."
ALICE. – "But, my Lord, allow me to drive the thoughts of such a foolish thing from your mind. Can you not think of some better applications for your money? Will you promise me not to make yourself a fool?" cutting harder and harder every moment, till he fairly howled with pain, ejaculating,–
"Ah! Oh! Damme! How cruel of you Miss Marchmont! Ah – for God's sake let me off now. I – I – won't do it; I give my word for that."
Miss Marchmont's English Spanking Society (abbr.: MM) was a U.K. spanking company, a spanking video producer and a publisher (online as well as, at least in one case, printed). MM introduced its fictitious "Miss Marchmont's Spanking Academy & Reform School" as follows:
- "My reputation with the cane is well known. A girl will be awarded the cane for any serious offense so it's necessary that canings be extremely painful and severe. Punishment is dispensed while the young lady is tied to the spanking horse in the most vulnerable manner. The explosive crack of the cane as it connects with a properly presented and naked bum never fails to impress me. The success of each stroke is measured by the tortured scream it produces and the writhing and squirming of her whipped backside.
Watch closely as within the constrictions of the straps her naked nether regions become a frenzy of jerking and lewd twisting that reminds me of frantic and uninhibited sex.
Come in and bear witness to the reflexive quivering of these unfortunate young women's swollen and exposed quim. Here you'll quickly learn that they will receive no pity from me."
- The video The Way of a Man with a Maid, based on the Edwardian era BDSM novel The Way of a Man with a Maid, can be viewed online.
MM produced spanking videos staring
- Leia(-Ann Woods)
- Miss Brown
- Rebekah Jordan
- Sam Johnson
- Lucy Bailey = Miss (Eve) Harper
- Nina Birch
- and many other actors and actresses.
- Lucy Bailey: The Essential Guide to the Practice of Corporal Punishment; Or How Do I Get My Partner Interested in Spanking, London: Miss Marchmont's English Spanking Society, 2000. ASIN B001IBHFYY
- For the text of Villette by Charlotte Brontë, see
- http://www.missmarchmont.co.uk (dead link)
- Internet Archive made two captures:
- mailto:[email protected] for more information (no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this e-mail address)
- Miss Marchmont's English Spanking Society (Internet Archive) ; bifurcates into
- Miss Marchmont America (Internet Archive) - North Amercan web shop for the Miss Marchmont (and Nina Birch) spanking videos
- Miss Marchmont (SPREVIEW)
- Miss Marchmont (Hotmovies.com)
- The Official Showguide to Erotica For Your Imagination 2002, "the world's largest erotic festival and the ultimate lifestyle event for any open minded adult over 18"
- Page 10 (= page 12/76): Address (in Tower Hamlets) and call number of Miss Marchmont's English Spanking Society
- Mr Steve Giles
- Flat 16, Masters Lodge
- Johnson Street, London E1 0BE
- 020 7702 8275
- Page 31 (= page 33/76): Thumbnail from the front cover of Lucy Bailey's The Essential Guide to CP
Lucy Bailey = (Eve) Harper
- Marchmont.com (Internet Archive): Miss Lucy's Page, Miss Harper's Page
- Spankmodels.com: Spanking model and authoress Lucy Bailey ; with link to her (= Mistress Sidonia von Bork's) website (see section below)
Note: Both Marchmont.com and SPREVIEW (see below Nina Birch's interview), in contrast to Spankmodels.com, conceal the identity of spanking model Lucy Bailey and (Eve) Harper
- Marchmont.com (Internet Archive): Miss Nina's Page
- SPREVIEW: An Interview with Nina Birch
- Spankmodels.com: Spanking model Nina Birch ; has no link to her (= Lady Nina Birch's) website (see section below)
- Professional dominant
- The English Mansion: Mistress Sidonia von Bork's domain, where women use men for their pleasure - formerly known as "Miss Lucy Bailey"
- Lady Nina Birch - fka "Miss Nina Birch"
|This page uses content from Villette (novel). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|