Luc Lafnet (1899-1939) was a Belgian artist and illustrator. He studied painting and graphic arts at the Académie des Beaux-Arts de Liège. "Among his teachers were Émile Berchmans and Adrien de Witte. His technical mastery of the etching process made Luc Lafnet the obvious heir of the great Belgian etchers of the previous generation, Félicien Rops, Armand Rassenfosse, Henri Thomas and Fernand Khnopff, and like them he was naturally drawn to a Symbolist aesthetic." (Idbury Prints)
In 1922 he won the Prix Donnay. In 1923, he got married to Jeanne van Malderen and they moved to Paris. There he became closely associated with artists such as Jean Hélion, with whom he exhibited.
Like Félicien Rops, Luc Lafnet was drawn to erotic and fetishistic subject matter, in partictular to spanking art. He illustrated erotic literature and BDSM stories including F/f, F/M and M/F spanking stories. In such publications he used pseudonyms such as Jim Black, Viset (when working for the publisher Jean Fort (Collection des Orties Blanches)), Grim and Lucas O. Some of his drawings published under the pseudonym Jim Black showed bare breasts, daring for the 1930s. He also did some enema art.
In contrast to this erotic work, Lafnet also created Stations of the Cross for various churches. In 1938, he did the artwork for mainstream comics such as the popular Belgian magazine Le Journal de Spirou. In 1939, the artist was sent into war where he died the same year, aged 40.
Incidentally, "Luc" is "cul", the French word for buttocks, read backwards.
Luc Lafnet illustrated the novels:
- Les Confidences d'un Baronnet by Lady Buttock (A. W. Flogger) (1929)
- Poker de Dames by Lady Buttock (A. W. Flogger) (1929, 1932)
- Esclave amoureuse by Jean de Chancènes (1930)
- Dresseuses d'hommes. Dialogues intimes by Florence Fulbert (1931)
- Sous la tutelle by René-Michel Desergy (1932)
- Cuisant noviciat by Paulette Vergès (P. Beloti) (1935)
Gallery 1 (known novels)
Gallery 2 (unknown novels)
- Luc Lafnet on The Erotica Bibliophile
- A checklist of works illustrated by Luc Lafnet on The Erotica Bibliophile
- Jim Black gallery with 19 images on Femdomart.ru Link is down
- Jim Black gallery with four images on the Encyclopedia of Spanking Art
- "Les Confidences d'un Baronnet" illustrations (12 images) on the Italian Spanking Art Pages link is down
- "Sous la Tutelle" illustrations (14 images) on the Italian Spanking Art Pages Link is down
- Luc Lafnet on Vintage Visions
- Drawing by Grim (Luc Lafnet)
- Google plus album of Luc Lafnet (178 images)
- Books for Trade: A.W. Flogger, Les Confidences d’un Baronnet (Lady Buttock)
- Books for Trade: A.W. Flogger, Poker de Dames. (Suite des Confidences d’un Baronnet)