Hands on head
Hands on head is a pose popular for a number of purposes related to punishment, in particular spanking and corner time. The delinquent/spankee/bottom is instructed to place his/her hands on his/her head.
The usual command is something like "[Put your] hands on your head", possibly followed by an instruction to leave them there until told. This pose is not uncomfortable and can be therefore held for longer periods.
A variant is "hands behind your head" which is similar but a little more relaxed. It is preferred in positions where the head is in a horizontal position, e.g. the lying position.
While in an everyday context the pose, assumed voluntarily, is a sign of feeling comfortable and relaxed, in a punitive context it can have both practical use and a powerful psychological impact.
Examples of such punitive contexts are:
- To keep the hands away for unbuttoning the spankee's lower garment, such as trousers or shorts.
- To keep the hands away from covering the genitals, to increase the shame that comes with frontal nudity in a punitive context. There is also a secondary effect related to this, when the subject is in a pants down state the position raises the shoulders, which will raise the hemline of the shirt, putting lower nudity more on display.
- To keep the hands away from blocking a spanking given in a standing position.
- To keep the hands from rubbing the bottom when standing in corner time after a spanking.
- To keep the hands away for washing, scrubbing, examining, shaving, etc. the person.
The pose emphasizes the passiveness of the person because the hands, the symbols of active doing, are moved out of the way and "parked" on the head, as if to say "you won't need them for the next few minutes".
Photograph by Eadweard Muybridge (1884/1886).
Drawing by Davcha'.
Rendered art by Salalo (2017).
Artwork by Wolfheart (2018).
Hands-on-head in spanking literature
In the spanking novel The Old Rectory, the boys residing in the institution are taught two positions to assume while waiting: with their hands on their back when waiting in normal cases, and with their hands on their head when waiting to receive a punishment.
Hands-on-head in spanking art
- Example of a hands-on-head pose after a spanking (adult female model) on the Italian Spanking Art Pages .
- Photo of a girl on Spanked-Cutie.com
- Two boys with hands on their heads
- Boy with hands on his head (stock photo)
- Nopaddle.com on the hands-on-head pose
- Nude woman standing in hands-on-head position
- Two nude women standing in hands-on-head position