Eros-Thanatos is a French website that offers vintage erotic literature in e-book form. The selection includes French, English and German classics such as Lady Chatterley’s Lover or Venus in Furs. One of the site's focuses is erotic flagellation literature.
Eros-Thanatos is a combined free site/paysite. There are complete texts available for free, they are just divided in many parts for navigation.
The Librairie érotique numérique
Eros-Thanatos also features a web shop ("Librairie érotique numérique") of French and English vintage spanking novels, maintained by Thanalie (Biblio Curiosa). The works (whose copyright has expired so they are now in the public domain) are available in PDF format and contain the complete text and all the original illustrations of the work in high resolution. If the work you are looking for is not there, you can ask Thanalie for it. The price (as of May 2008) is $7.79 for an average size e-book, $15.57 for a very large one.
As of May 2008, the following flagellation novels are available at Eros-Thanatos:
- À la baguette by Victor du Cheynier (1909, 256 pages, illustrator anonymous) - more information
- The Amazing Chastisements of Miss Bostock by Charles Sackville (1908 or 1911?, 126 pages) - more information
- Conférence expérimentale (French trans. of Colonel Spanker's Lecture) by William Lazenby? (ca.1878, 110 pages) - more information
- Corrections féminines by Jean de Virgans (1908, 268 pages, illustrator J.C.K. (or J.C.L. - initials illegible) - more information
- Éducation anglaise by Lord Kidrodstock (1908, 253 pages, illustrator Gaston Smit) - more information
- Ethnological and Cultural Studies of the Sex Life in England by Iwan Bloch (1912, 1934 for the English trans., 434 pages, various illustrators) - more information
- La Flagellation dans l'Histoire et les Tortures au Moyen-Âge, by Th. Cudgel (1909, 222 pages, illustrator Gaston Smit) - more information
- Le Pensionnat du Fouet by Aimé Van Rod (1909, 250 pages, illustrator M. del Giglio) - more information
- Précocité by Le Vidame de Poussay (ca. 1901, 195 pages) - more information
- L’Affaire Constance Martinet by Jean de Villiot (1905)
- Mémoires de Dolly Morton by Jean de Villiot (1901)
- Récits piquants, chaudes aventures by Gilbert Natès (1914/1920, 194 pages, illustrator Georges Topfer) - more information
- La Musardine (French erotic book publisher)