DAZ Studio is a 3D figure rendering/animation application by DAZ 3D Inc. It is compatible with most files intended for use by Poser. Unlike Poser, DAZ Studio is available free of charge (registration required).
DAZ Studio is available for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. Until version 1.7 it was officially known as DAZ|Studio. Version 1.0 was released in Fall 2005. DAZ Studio 3.0 was released in June 2009. The latest stable version is 4.6.
Comparison to Poser
DAZ Studio was created as a direct alternative to Poser, but following a different business model.
Poser provides a large set of components, not all essential to the creation of imagery, in a commercially available programme. DAZ Studio provides a core free of charge program with the required features for the creation of imagery, while relegating other features to add-on 'plug-ins', usually commercially available, which the user may add as required. Some users hold that this means that DAZ Studio is incomplete in comparison to Poser, others that it allows users to tailor the tool to their individual needs as their use of it evolves.
DAZ Studio is capable of importing most Poser content, with the notable exceptions of dynamic clothing and dynamic hair. As a result of the different lighting models, lights may need to be tweaked or replaced and while textures are generally usable between the two (other than Poser node-based materials), optimum results may need slightly different lighting values for each.
DAZ and Bryce
In 2004, DAZ 3D bought the landscape rendering software Bryce from Corel. In 2005 they released Bryce 5.5 with a plugin to integrate content from Poser/DAZ Studio directly into Bryce. In 2007, DAZ re-released Bryce 5.5 as a freeware.
Listed here are some of DAZ's figures (characters). There are far too many to list every figure DAZ has produced. These are just the primary ones for which a wide variety of support items are available.
Adult human figures
- Victoria - A realistic woman based on the proportions of a runway model. DAZ's most popular and well supported figure.
- Michael - A realistic male companion for Victoria.
- Stephanie Petite - A female figure created to address complaints that Victoria 3.0 was too stocky for some purposes.
- David - The male companion for Stephanie Petite
- Aiko - A female figure styled in an anime appearance.
- Hiro - The male anime companion for Aiko.
- The Girl - A female figure in a cartoonish style that resembles 1940's pin-up art.
- The Freak - A male figure with super-human size bulging muscles.
Child human figures
- Luke and Laura - Male and female teen figures sold as a set. (Generation 3 figures, same generation as Victoria 3)
- Matt and Madison - Male and female pre-school figures sold as a set. (Generation 3 figures)
- Millennium Baby - An unnamed asexual infant. (Generation 3 figure)
Spanking art created with DAZ Studio
Artists who use DAZ Studio to create rendered spanking art include CopyKats, KajiraGames, Mayhem, Rude Rumps, and Salalo. A pay site that features spanking artwork created with DAZ Studio is Spank Red.
|This page uses content from DAZ Studio. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|
|This page uses content from DAZ 3D. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|