|“|| Mr. Smith: Good morning class.
Class (chorusing): Good morning, Mr. Smith.
|— a typical start of a class lesson|
A class is a group of students that are taught together in school. A class can be defined by, either sharing a teacher (e.g. Mr. Smith's Class), sharing a classroom (e.g. Class 2-C), or simply attending the same school in the same age group in a school year (e.g. The Class of '69). Students who are in the same class are called classmates.
New Zealand classes
|Year||Old system||Student DOB between
(2020 school year)
|England & Wales||Aust||USA||Hong Kong|
|0||New Entrants||1 May 2015 to 30 April 2016 ||Reception||Kindergarten||Kindergarten||Kindergarten|
|1||Junior 1 ||1 May 2014 to 30 April 2015||Year 1||Primary 1|
|2||Junior 2||1 May 2013 to 30 April 2014||Year 2||Year 1||Grade 1||Primary 2|
|3||Standard 1||1 May 2012 to 30 April 2013||Year 3||Year 2||Grade 2||Primary 3|
|4||Standard 2||1 May 2011 to 30 April 2012||Year 4||Year 3||Grade 3||Primary 4|
|5||Standard 3||1 May 2010 to 30 April 2011||Year 5||Year 4||Grade 4||Primary 5|
|6||Standard 4||1 May 2009 to 30 April 2010||Year 6||Year 5||Grade 5||Primary 6|
|7||Form 1||1 May 2008 to 30 April 2009||Year 7||Year 6||Grade 6||Form 1|
|8||Form 2||1 May 2007 to 30 April 2008||Year 8||Year 7||Grade 7||Form 2|
|9||Form 3||1 May 2006 to 30 April 2007||Year 9||Year 8||Grade 8||Form 3|
|10||Form 4||1 May 2005 to 30 April 2006||Year 10||Year 9||Grade 9||Form 4|
|11||Form 5||1 May 2004 to 30 April 2005||Year 11||Year 10||Grade 10||Form 5|
|12||Form 6||1 May 2003 to 30 April 2004||Year 12||Year 11||Grade 11||Form 6|
|13||Form 7||1 May 2002 to 30 April 2003||Year 13||Year 12||Grade 12||Form 7 |
- This assumes students haven't been held back or put forward a year.
- Students must be 5 years of age to enter Year 0. Some schools don't have a separate Year 0, with these students integrated into Year 1.
- Junior classes were also previously referred to as Primer (pronounced "primmer").
- Form 1 and 2, (Year 7 and 8) were previously known as Standard 5 and 6.
- would be eliminated under the new secondary school system; one more year of university education would be added upon elimination
|This page uses content from Education in New Zealand. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|