The word billenkoek literally translates to "buttocks cake". It is a food-related metaphor for spanking. One etymologic possibility for the word is that good children get rewards such as cake—while bad children get a different kind of "treat": "buttocks cake". A related phrase is the Dutch expression koeken uitdelen (literally "handing out cakes"), which means "to spank" as well as the swedish phrase "få för andra bullar (literally "get for other buns").
- "Buttocks" in other languages
- "Spanking" in other languages
- nl:Billenkoek on Wikipedia (in Dutch)
- billenkoek in Wiktionary
- nl:billenkoek in Wiktionary (in Dutch)
- Similarly, pannenkoek means "pancake".