Vintage drawing of a girl spanking an infant sibling.
- A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk. eg "isn't she too young to have a baby?" (Also babe, infant)
- A very young child (birth to 3 years) who has not fully mastered walking (includes toddlers).
- A very young mammal. eg "baby rabbits"
- The youngest member of a group (not necessarily young). eg "the baby of the family"
- An immature childish person. eg "stop being a baby!"
- A project of personal concern to someone. eg "this project is his baby"
- A term of endearment for a girlfriend or boyfriend.
- Treat with excessive indulgence. eg "You baby him too much" (Also pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge)
Babies and spanking
Occasionally babies are given a single smack to get their attention, but it is rare for them to be given a spanking, particularly in recent times.
Babies and ageplay
Babies are totally dependent on others for their needs. Because of this, age players, in particular infantilists, can find such a role to be either a form of complete submission or, particularly when a person is forced or commanded to assume an baby like role, a source of major humiliation.
| Age groupings